Monday 27 April 2009

Jennifer & Ian

I was at 3 different venues for this wedding.

First stop, Jennifer was getting ready at The Scotsman hotel in Edinburgh which is a beautiful place. There are often a few difficulties with the wedding dress and/or the associated accessories. Jennifer's Mum and bridesmaid Isabel were there to lend a hand with the aid of Mum's emergency wedding kit!


Next, on to the Reid Memorial Church which is like a cathedral. A stunning interior with beautiful stained glass. The minister asked me to stay at the back of the church during the ceremony which I was happy to do - I'll always respect the wishes of the celebrant. I was able to use a camera in silent mode and still shot a few images of the ceremony...


Normal photographic service is resumed for the register signing and recession...






The cloister-like courtyard at the back of the church was the setting for the champagne and canapes. The sun shone so everyone was able to stay out in the gardens for the duration. Here Ian and Best Man Mark find something to do with their top hats...


Most of the time I'm afraid the top hats sat and waited. They were very photogenic though!


The reception was friendly and fun. Jennifer's friends were there to lend their support...


The third venue was the Whisky Heritage Centre near Edinburgh Castle. We took the chance for some photos at the castle...


...and overlooking Edinburgh


My day finished at the Whisky Heritage Centre and we got some lovely shots in the new whisky collection room. I'm not allowed to show the pictures yet as the room is not yet open to the public. We were very privileged to have access and I'll put some images on here as soon as I'm allowed! In the meantime, Jennifer's rings on a whisky barrel will have to do...



Congratulations to Jennifer and Ian.

If you know Ian and Jennifer please use the COMMENTS button below to send them a message via my blog.

Andy

No comments: